IGNORED

Who's real a "gear-head"?

2ManyZs

Originally posted by Alfadog

...because I have spent quite a pretty penny over the last couple of months buying old (30 years) magazines on Ebay. You can guess what cars these ones have in them...

When I was looking for my first car in the mid-80's I was considering trying to find a Porsche 914 (because it was a Porsche), a Fiat X1/9 (because it was mid-engined and designed by Bertone like the Countach) or an Opel GT (because I thought they looked cool).

I then read a one-page "used car classic" in the then-current Road&Track magazine on the 240Z. Their praise for the car is what caused me to buy a 240Z instead and I'm sure glad I did. I can't imagine how hard it would be trying to maintain those other cars today.

I'd love to get a copy of that particular page ...

We didn't get R&D in Australia (I think - I probably wasn't alive when you read that article) so unfortunately I dont have that article - if I did I would send you it for sure!

I have a soft spot for 914s... maybe it's because I've never seen one in real life??? ROFL ROFL

They weren't sold in Australia I think!?

Originally posted by Alfadog

We didn't get R&D in Australia (I think - I probably wasn't alive when you read that article) so unfortunately I dont have that article - if I did I would send you it for sure!

Thanks.

I do have <a href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1855203952/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/103-2336276-2040601?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link>this book</a>. It's a complete collection of reprints from just about every US and UK motoring magazine article on the 240Z and 260Z. Many of the articles contain typical comparison tests amongst similar cars of the day which I find quite intersting. It was published in 2000 and has several Road&Track reprints but doesn't include the page I was referring to. It sounds like you probably have many of the magazines already but it might be worth getting if you don't have it already.

Ah yes I've seen that book, but at $27 USD I'll be damned if I'm going to buy it any time soon!!!

it's much easier to spend $5 for each old magazine one buy one, and then at the end realising how much you've actually spent!!!!!!

:stupid: :stupid: