Broken tab in headlight switch - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Broken tab in headlight switch

Featured Replies

Wanted to rebuild the combination switch and broke one of the tabs holding down the metal plates. Not sure what to do now. I'm guessing I need another switch?

IMG_4912.JPG.60b5df72a1cac5c719515269e71

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I'm not certain, but Dave Irwin rebuilds these. May be he can handle something like that?

 

  • Author

I beleive so. I wanted to take a wack at it before I send it off to be rebuilt.

Cut some metal and solder it together.... or JB weld.... it's not totally lost, don't throw it out :P

  • Author
9 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

Cut some metal and solder it together.... or JB weld.... it's not totally lost, don't throw it out :P

hmm good idea, I can solder it and then file it down.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
hmm good idea, I can solder it and then file it down.


Maybe you can even remove the whole bracket that holds it down, and make a new one. It looks like it's just a few cuts and folds.
  • Author
12 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

 


Maybe you can even remove the whole bracket that holds it down, and make a new one. It looks like it's just a few cuts and folds.

 

remove the whole thing off the board? I broke the tab that holds the metal blade in place, it's on the right side.

remove the whole thing off the board? I broke the tab that holds the metal blade in place, it's on the right side.


Yes sir, wanna take a picture without the rocker?

$75 i can send you several and you can return the ones you don't use.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.