IGNORED

Interior vinyl

spoofan

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Unless you get really lucky, your going to find that the original vinyl isn't worth re-using.  Reasons:

• The old vinyl will likely have age-hardened in the locations where the factory adhesive was applied.  So much so that it may have chipped or split along the edges. The hardening makes it difficult to make a tidy job of re-gluing the pieces into another car.  BTW, If have found nothing (including 'vinyl softener' products) that will permanently re-soften this vinyl.
  • Conversely, one of the bigger vinyl pieces -- the one that covers the transmission tunnel -- actually sags with age and ends up showing big, nasty-looking wrinkles that are very obvious.  It's really difficult to make those sags disappear when you re-install the piece in another car.
  • The old factory-applied adhesive is going to need to be removed before you can effectively glue the old pieces into your car.  This is a long and tedious job.

I recommend you just buy the kit.  You'll end up with a better result and no one will ever know the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

About the only consistent complaint about the repro vinyl I hear is the looseness of fit on the rear strut towers. Otherwise the fit and appearance of the diamond embossing is pretty darn close to stock.

I think I may have a new set of the repro stuff I'd let go cheaper than MSA's price if you decide to go that route. Let me know at z240@shaw.ca