IGNORED

What should i do i need help

slaterboner

So I go back roads for an hour, ran great. Decided to get on the interstate and stretch it out coming home. Between 70 & 80 mph it starts with this fouled plugs feeling. Got off at the first exit, lower fuel consumption and running fine again. Float level is low on one of my carbs, probably the front one. Made it home okay and will pull the lids off Monday to check.  Bah humbug from me!  Although the master cylinder has sealed back up apparently.  Maybe debris behind that seal but it hasn't leaked a drop in two weeks.  Abort one baby and get pregnant the next day, my kind of luck.  

I'm kidding girls! :bunny:

18 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I think it's running about that price for ethanol free regular here. Within about an 8 mile drive from my house, there are 6 ethanol free stations. My car really appreciates that.

That's what it is here too.  What would be better, 100% 87 octane or 10% ethanol 93 octane?  I'm running an E88 on top of stock 2.4 block.  I've never ran 100% in my car.  Maybe I should start?

It's hard for me to trust the gas stations.  Alabama doesn't have the resources to test it all and I'm sure they could care less.

12 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

That's what it is here too.  What would be better, 100% 87 octane or 10% ethanol 93 octane?  I'm running an E88 on top of stock 2.4 block.  I've never ran 100% in my car.  Maybe I should start?

It's hard for me to trust the gas stations.  Alabama doesn't have the resources to test it all and I'm sure they could care less.

Unless you have a high compression motor, regular gas should be just fine. At that point, higher octane just drains the money out of your wallet faster.

OTOH, here are some of the advantages of ethanol free:

1. It is more compatible with the rubber parts, including gaskets, in your fuel system.

2. You don't have a hygroscopic chemical in your fuel, collecting water in your gas tank.

3. You don't have the octane rating of the fuel in your tank dropping during the summer. Ethanol is used to boost octane and "oxygenate" the gasoline. The 240Z and 260Z fuel systems aren't that vapor-tight. I think the 280Z is better. Still the ethanol will tend to vaporize sooner than many of the other components of gasoline.

When I went to ZCON in 2015, the performance of my car seemed to decline after I burned through the ethanol free fuel I started out with. On the return trip, I stopped at an ethanol free pump, and performance in stop & go traffic improved.