The dreaded oil pan pull! - Page 6 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

The dreaded oil pan pull!

Featured Replies

  • Author

I need a new one. My cable is full of gear oil. It's even dripping from where the cable meets the car body. I have the seal and o-ring for the pinion gear, just didn't want to drain the tranny to replace those if it wasn't needed. I think I just need to replace the one that goes into the cable end. The cable is wet with gear oil about 18" down the cable from the tranny. 

Our speedo housing is the same height as the fill hole so you won't loose any oil.  If it's traveled all the way to the body you do need a new top hat.  I read where one guy said his was so bad it dripped on his bare foot from under the dash.  Said he thought it was a bee sting. LOL

I put teflon tape on my speedo housing's threads just as an extra precaution.

  • Author
2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I put teflon tape on my speedo housing's threads just as an extra precaution

I wondered if that would work. Then I had a couple Arrogant Bastard Ale's and forgot about it :beer:. 

Edited by rcb280z

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
33 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

You're not worthy.

I know-_-. But man they were good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.