IGNORED

HELP! SU Part Needed

misscourtneymae

Hi guys. Wondering if there's any way someone here could help me out with finding a part I'm looking for.

I'm currently converting my '73 240z to early SU carbs, and I need to find the long J hook linkage that comes off of the firewall bracket to the rest of the carb assembly. Linkage piece I need is shown in the photos I attached below. Does anyone have one of these or know where I can find one? ZTherapy told me to check around on the forums, and I'm not sure where to find one locally. Thanks in advance for your help!

Courtney

15145262_10206277561178049_1290130123_o.jpg

15151338_10206277560778039_178294535_n.jpg

15174621_10206277560818040_198413163_n.jpg

Hello Courtney ,

I saw your post regarding the part you need and your planned conversion to the earlier carbs.

I have the part and can send it to you---I'm in Arkansas. @zKars  (Jim Karst) is in Alberta, Canada so it may be simpler for me to do than he. Jim and I know each other.

I too have a 73 240z. I am currently running it with the earlier carbs. I purchased a rebuilt set from Ztherapy. They do excellent work, but they don't work on the flat top 73 carbs.

Do you still have your flat top carb setup? Is it complete?

The reason I ask---- I am converting back to the stock 73 setup with the flat top carbs. Everyone thinks I'm nuts---but that is how my car was originally set up and I am going back to it. I am particularly interested in finding the original thermostat housing and associated braided hoses that connect to the intake manifold. I have virtually everything else. If you are interested in parting with any or all of your original carb setup let me know and maybe we can do each other some good. It may help defray any expenses you are incurring in the changeover and help me get back to original.

Attached is a photo of my current setup---I think this is where you want to be when you are done.

If you want to go explore this further let me know---the part is yours regardless---I just need your mailing address.

Respectfully,

Jim Daniels

"Zup"

IMG_4557.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zup said:

Hello Courtney ,

I saw your post regarding the part you need and your planned conversion to the earlier carbs.

I have the part and can send it to you---I'm in Arkansas. @zKars  (Jim Karst) is in Alberta, Canada so it may be simpler for me to do than he. Jim and I know each other.

I too have a 73 240z. I am currently running it with the earlier carbs. I purchased a rebuilt set from Ztherapy. They do excellent work, but they don't work on the flat top 73 carbs.

Do you still have your flat top carb setup? Is it complete?

The reason I ask---- I am converting back to the stock 73 setup with the flat top carbs. Everyone thinks I'm nuts---but that is how my car was originally set up and I am going back to it. I am particularly interested in finding the original thermostat housing and associated braided hoses that connect to the intake manifold. I have virtually everything else. If you are interested in parting with any or all of your original carb setup let me know and maybe we can do each other some good. It may help defray any expenses you are incurring in the changeover and help me get back to original.

Attached is a photo of my current setup---I think this is where you want to be when you are done.

If you want to go explore this further let me know---the part is yours regardless---I just need your mailing address.

Respectfully,

Jim Daniels

"Zup"

IMG_4557.JPG

Jim, thank you so much! I've replied to your message. Gorgeous Z by the way!

- Courtney