IGNORED

Best ZG flares

cataloney

Can you show me the best zg flares in the market pls? 

There are alot and most of them are crap,i want flares easy to install and look correct and fit,

also i don't know the correct size of the flares,there are alot of sizes ,i want the same size that come from the factory on the original ZG cars,

thx

I used the flares sold by Motorsports Auto.  Quality and fit are good.  As for "easy to install", that's subjective.  You'll need to source mounting hardware, figure out correct placement on each fender, decide if you'll cut your wheel well openings or leave untouched, and drill holes in your fenders.  I'm sure there will be opinions on other sources, too.  Read up on install procedures in the archive.

Dennis

Dennis, 

i tried the MSA flares and I could get the drivers front to even lay down on the fender. Thru many phone calls I found that the same shop sold to Classic Datsun and MSA. Talked to owner and he said the molds did need to be replaced, but hey, people still buy them - he didn't care one bit.

the link above the flares are made to order and fit right. In the end I couldn't bring myself to cut on my car. But the flares laid perfectly against the fenders 

2 hours ago, madkaw said:

Dennis, 

i tried the MSA flares and I could get the drivers front to even lay down on the fender. Thru many phone calls I found that the same shop sold to Classic Datsun and MSA. Talked to owner and he said the molds did need to be replaced, but hey, people still buy them - he didn't care one bit.

the link above the flares are made to order and fit right. In the end I couldn't bring myself to cut on my car. But the flares laid perfectly against the fenders 

I bought my flares from MSA about 10 years ago and they fit fine.  I totally understand degraded fit after making copies of copies over the years - kind of like a bad 12th generation Xerox.  I've read several posts from owners had had dismal flare copies from various suppliers.  I guess I was lucky.

For me, the hard part of fitting the flares was setting them at the right, front to rear, height after looking at lots of pictures of flares on Zs.  Too much fun, but I really like the look and always have since seeing a new Z on display in Tokyo in 1971.

Dennis