IGNORED

1977 OE hitachi radio MOUNTS

Dave WM

Ok had to go back and re read up on this some.

the anode is technically called the positive side hence the red tubing. I was thinking in power supply circuits where the Positive side of the power supply is the cathode since that is the flow of current.

Anyway the band should go to the brown side from what I can see.

Edited by Dave WM

It's not a big problem if the diode is in backwards. The current just won't flow thru the circuit.  I'm more concerned why these things burned up

I'm thinking they put in ones that were too small.  I'm thinking the gears got harder to turn over the years and the motor drew more current than

they designed for that circuit.

So i thought i'de fixed the radio part of this player by reseating the 4 big transistors on the back but I was wrong. I must have jostled this resistor and it came back to life for a while but i lost the radio sound  when i was putting the

case back on. FRUSTRATING. So, an oldschool technique is to wiggle, prod, shake things until something happens. This is the result.