IGNORED

Manual or Electric antenna for 1972 Datsun 240z?

jalexquijano

I am uncertain if my Datsun 1972 240z (Made in January 1972) used a Manual or Electric Antenna? Can someone clear this out? I do have the following antenna still unwrapped and would like to know if i should just setlle with the OEM manual antenna as i would not like to be driving with the antenna up while hearing CDS or music through the USB port:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Antenna-Kit-1970-thru-1973-for-Datsun-240Z-AM-FM-Car-Radio-/181565640752?hash=item2a4627d030:g:ZOAAAOSwnDZUIJ-k&vxp=mtr

Anyone???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARADA-MX2-NOS-POWER-ANTENNA-DATSUN-NISSAN-240Z-260Z-280Z-MERCEDES-VW-MAZDA-MINI-/222191883691?hash=item33bbab15ab:g:F-oAAOSwRgJXjj65&vxp=mtr

Same for a lot less.. But to me these antennas are as a lot of stuff these days on ebay ....what i call EBAY JUNK!

It looks nice but after a few times it stops working ...  sorry but had bad experiences

Here's what happened.  Sometime during the last 44 years, the original factory installed electric antenna stopped working or the mast broke off.  The owner, being a cheap bastard, saw the price of a replacement factory electric antenna and opted to replace the factory electric with a $7 manual antenna from the local auto parts store.  Doesn't really matter when your '72 Z was manufactured, it came with an electric antenna and a control switch to raise and lower it on the original factory radio face plate.  Sounds like you also have an aftermarket radio and faceplate so the antenna switch is long gone.

Did you notice the electrical wiring for the original antenna in the space next to the radio speaker?

Dennis

• Like 1