IGNORED

HLS30-01161 on Craigslist for Only $1,000.00?

lonetreesteve

Here's the link:  http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5686047075.html

Darrel, a longtime member of Classic Z Cars website, found this listing and let me know about it an hour after it was listed on Craigslist today.  I called the seller as soon as I read the listing, sent a text message and also sent him an e-mail, but didn't hear back from him until he sent me a text message about 5 hours later, saying he was sorry and that the car was no longer available. He also mentioned in his text that there had been a lot of interest in the car.  (No surprise!)

Since the car has been sold, the listing will probably be taken down soon, so I have attached some pics and also pasted the listing:

Datsun 240z - $1000 (Thornton)

1970 Datsun240z

VIN: HLS30-01161
condition: fair
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 195396
paint color: blue
title status: clean
transmission: manual

This is a restoration project that is waiting for the right person. This is a matching number, January 1970 production, original vehicle. I am the forth owner. I have had this vehicle over 20 years. I do not have the resources or time to begin the frame up restoration work that is needed. This was my daily driver for many years. Still runs and can be driven but I have not invested much in the car for the last several years. My hope is to find someone who has the time and is wanting to enjoy the simplicity and the experience of driving these cars.

Texting is probably the easiest, email will work also.

Thanks for your interest.

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 5686047075

posted: 2016-07-16 12:05pm

01010_dRcM5UncEbh_600x450.jpg

00606_3zaxfWagU8Z_600x450.jpg

00C0C_f6VT3krBbcg_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_kg1HqQjsuUD_600x450.jpg

Edited by lonetreesteve

A z friend on FB sent me the link(12:50pm mst). I knew Steve would be interested in a '70. i went him the link and also one on a local message board.

Looks like it's been resprayed looking at the door plate.

Still curious on who picked it up.

• Like 1