IGNORED

Motorman's Build

motorman7

Steady as a rock!

But I shoot with this hand.  Hilarious movie, I watch it everytime it's on even though I have the uncensored DVD.

Mel looking at those boobies saying "work work work, all I do is work".

When Clevon tries to grab that chess piece before the Waco Kid is so funny.  A little camera trickery there? LOL

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I finally drank enough beer to get up the nerve to paint the lettering on my face plate.  The paint pen @psdenno recommended works great.  I'm going to put a couple of coats over the next day or two.

Thanks for the Face Plate Pics.  I may try and 3-D model that and print the part.  I cant make the texture, but I can do the rest.

1 minute ago, motorman7 said:

Thanks for the Face Plate Pics.  I may try and 3-D model that and print the part.  I cant make the texture, but I can do the rest.

Anything I can do to help, glad to.  I've got a scanner and would be happy to do that and send you the image.  Let me know. 8^)

Well, I kinda got the car running today.  I say 'kinda' because I had to hot wire the car to keep it running.  Looks like I may have an open circuit on the Black/White wire that goes to the coil.  The car would run when the starter was turned on, but died when left in the ON position.  Looks like I will have to track down the electrical gremlins on that one.

Otherwise, the car ran absolutely great with the hot wire.  I set the air flow and adjusted the fuel mixture on the carbs.  Also, set the timing so it is running nice.  It sounds great with the original exhaust and the motor just purred.  Very thrilled about that.  If the 'ON' would have worked, it would have been a perfect day.  Oh well, I will have to tackle that in the next couple day.

Oh, also had a major oil leak.  I think I put a roadster oil filter on the car and not the a Z oil filter.  The gasket on the roadster filter is a smaller diameter and never sealed.  Fortunately I had a number of Z filters available (Thanks Bob!)  and was able to put the correct one on.  Also had two small water leaks when the system pressurized, but just had to tighten the clamps on those.  

So, I will be testing circuits here and looking through schematics.  Fortunately, I have other Z's to reference here, so it helps with the trouble shooting.

Will keep everyone posted.

Rich

• Like 1

I walked the soles off my shoes checking between my 240s. LOL

That's definitely a plus having two. Do you have a zx distributor on your's? I remember some problems with that black wire. I had to bypass the ceramic block by running a wire from one end straight across to the other I think. It works as covered on Blue's Tech Tips IIRC. Good luck on that small problem.

Yes, it really is a big help to have a second (and third) for reference.  Would be difficult without them.

I am running the stock distributor with points.  My initial findings point to a short in the green/white wire that attach to the ballast resistor.  I get 13.4 volts on the Black wire side but just 2.3 volts on the green/white wire side.  Ballast resistance was 1.9 Ohms so that is good, but way too much current passing through to have that large of a draw down.  Hope to work on this a bit more later on this week.

Got the electrical figured out, WooHoo!  I had the Black/white wire and Black yellow wire swapped in the four pin engine connector.  Once I swapped the contacts it worked perfect.  Just thrilled about that.  I put in new diff fluid and trans fluid (Valvoline full synthentic 75-90).  Got the clutch working and brakes kind of working (needs more bleeding).  Took it for a short spin in the cul-de-sac and lined it up for a group photo Op.  Here is a little California Sunshine.

I don't care for the mags on the persimmon car at all.  Will put the hubcaps on next month.  That should be much better

Rich

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

Hey Rich, What coating did you use on the center spokes on the wheels on the yellow car? They sort of look like the old-school EMPI wheels I had on my first Zed back in '75. I've currently got shiny silver-painted centers on my Rota RBs and would like to re-create that center spoke mag look. Time machine stuff...

Cheers, Mike