IGNORED

Jack handle refinishing

zed2

• 4 years later...

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I've always read chevy orange for the air filters was close enough for a driver, no judges. That handle is the same I believe.

Maybe @jfa.series1 knows? He probably bought the real deal from datsunspirit or banzi though knowing his awards. 8^)

I could not locate the correct paint for the air filter box when I restored my car so I polished up my filter box and took it to an auto paint supply (English Color) and had it scanned.  They did a custom mix into an aerosol can for me.  As to the jack handle, mine is more of a red color, not the air filter orange.  I have another one pulled from a parts car, also red.  @zed2 - I still have that custom can, call me if you want to pick it up for a mix job.

28 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

I could not locate the correct paint for the air filter box when I restored my car so I polished up my filter box and took it to an auto paint supply (English Color) and had it scanned.  They did a custom mix into an aerosol can for me.  As to the jack handle, mine is more of a red color, not the air filter orange.  I have another one pulled from a parts car, also red.  @zed2 - I still have that custom can, call me if you want to pick it up for a mix job.

They definitely more red than the air cleaners. Very red. 

Just did a little test. Ford Red from Duplicolor is VERY close. The hue and overall shade feels really close to the original. 

Fresh spray on the right, old patina on the left of the square drive hole...

8FCD0209-20E8-423F-BCC8-E73A8CEF145D.jpeg

18321C93-C1BC-48DF-A65B-F69A5D6455CB.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...