IGNORED

Just got a 280z for free

66corvair

I really couldn't tell, but is the body pretty straight?  From that angle it doesn't look too bad. You mentioned some front end damage earlier, is it just the front valence? Those parts are fairly easy to find. If you know how to weld you will save a ton of cash on those floor pans and rails as well as anything else that is there.

I would suggest that you start making a list as you run across things that need attention.  Leave room to add things that you discover along the way. Then you can prioritize as need be.  We all know that one thing touches or relies on another with these cars and it can sometimes become quite confusing. I find it's a better way to enjoy the build.

2 hours ago, 66corvair said:

What do you think about the floor boards?

The floors are pretty rough. The rocker panels and inner rail structure that would be my biggest concern. Zedd Findings does have the best floor boards but they will not cover all the areas you will probably need to fix. They don't extend up the firewall very far. How are the front frame rails?

• 2 months later...

Well it's been a long time since i've updated.

I did get it running but unfortunately I think we are parting ways. Employment is a bit shakey and I'd like to stack as much cash so I am posting it up for sale. I do love these cars but sadly it doesn't work at this point in life.