IGNORED

S30 ONLY Hawaiian Shirt

240Ziggy

My son's 17th birthday is a month away. I wonder if anyone from the community is able to help me out, i'm searching for a 240Z or S30 only Hawaiian shirt to purchase even a second hand as long as it's in reasonably good wearing condition LOL, size medium or large preferably. Zero on ebay or craigslist, I only found one company in Maui but they featured all the Z models, my son is not a fan of the new model (sorry):unsure:. Please let me know if you have one to sell. Thanks in advance.:)

Thanks black gold man. I've seen that one but it also has the newer Z models, I know he only prefers the S30 series. I've seen someone wearing it before at a z car shows. It was all 240Z or S30's from stock to safari rallies in illustration series.

Edited by 240Ziggy

35 minutes ago, ajmcforester said:

Too bad his birthday is so close, otherwise you could get custom fabric made and do a one off

As an alternative...how, where and who? If that's the case I could design a one-of-a-kind instead and give it to him later on his 17th and a half :P. Thanks

Well if you want a true Hawaiian shirt you need Japanese silk, and sewn with a Japanese technique to hide almost all the stitching especially around the collar.  Originally the shirts were made from old kimonos.  while surfer shirts were normally made out of cotton ukatas (sp?) and European stitch techniques.  The fabric is the hard part any good Taylor that can hand blind stitch the collar can make the shirt.  You need to look for a Japanese silk print company or look in the Carolinas most of the American textile industry has moved.  

The other idea I have is a raw denim jacket, this is all the rage and most are using 70's patterns, especially with the driving/racing style jackets.  Have some racing patches put on with a vintage Datsun logo on the front and the 240z Z on the back.  the part of the world your in Bob Sharp Racing logos would be very appropriate.   If going west coast BRE logos.  If he takes care of the jacket raw denim will last 5-10 years.  Personally I like the strait collar look

They don't know what a S30 Z is. They all rusted away years ago out here in hawaii.

Gotta go custom to get what you want http://apparelstuffrus.com/shop_products/hawaiian-shirts/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAq920BRC8-efn57XrotYBEiQAlVlMQzm6IWLwIW0AwhqJLQ3H3HDeccsSbjEUlyWz0TieDDEaAutX8P8HAQ

Are you sure you don't want one of these instead?

driftokinawa.JPG

Edited by hr369

ajmcforester - A typical Hawaiian shirt material will be fine, don't wanna go too fancy.:P He's got a denim Levi's with Datsun patches already. Thanks

siteunseen - That's too funny! I never thought of that one. Thanks

hr369 - I tried called them today but no answer. I wanted to talk to someone there instead of emailing but I guess I might just have to do that. He's got a few T-shirts already although that looks nice, he likes an Hawaiian shirt . Thanks

Edited by 240Ziggy

3 hours ago, 240Ziggy said:

hr369 - I tried called them today but no answer. I wanted to talk to someone there instead of emailing but I guess I might just have to do that. He's got a few T-shirts already although that looks nice, he likes an Hawaiian shirt . Thanks

Nix that idea. Minimum quantity is 25.  Probably the best bet is to find the fabric then find a seamstress.