IGNORED

Spark Plugs for Stroker 3.1

z boy mn

On 1/4/2016 at 8:29 AM, z boy mn said:

I wanted to post an update to my last post regarding the availability of NKG plugs. I hadn't heard from O'Reilly's so I called them and asked about my special order. The person on the phone sounded confused and went back to check. He had a full set of BPR6ES's, BP6ES's, BPR7ES's, and BP78ES's on the shelf and said they were all standard stock items. So, looks like they're going to be available for the foreseeable future...sorry for the mis-information! :o

Get the R's. Period.

As for the engine hesitating at 16 to 1 at Cruise?  All engines are different ( just like wives ) There's a golden rule with engines...(  also like wives ). Give the engine what it wants to be happy. If it wants more fuel.. give it more. If it's happy on less fuel... give it less. Same with timing. And the only way to achieve this is to try different combinations.

For maximum Fuel economy at cruise, give the engine the least amount of fuel that it''s " Happy " with. Try 15.7 and see if the hesitation goes away. Or 15.5 or maybe 15.2. Eventually you'll hit the " sweet " spot and that's what you want.

A Load Cell Chassis Dyno is the best  way... but you can sort things on the Road. Just be careful and obey the Law. Best to have a passenger to monitor things while you concentrate on driving. You can do a lot with a WB AFR meter and a Vacuum gauge. But they are only instruments. You have to determine if the engine is responding properly.

Now.... once you have spent years developing the skills necessary to to tell if an engine is contented and  running efficiently... try that with women. Good luck with that!!! :D

Edited by Chickenman
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2016 at 6:03 AM, CDL1542 said:

Any suggestions on spark plug wires or is there an ideal size/type for strokers
?

The size of the engine has nothing to do with Spark Plug Wire selection. Any good quality spiral core wire will work fine on a Normally aspirated engine. NGK, MSD, Magnacore are always good choices. Hard to beat NGK NE61 for value and quality. Plus they smell good!! :D

• 2 months later...

Chicken Man - I'm beginning to worry about you - "they smell good!!"

I agree, but switched over to Magnacore a few years ago for both the street and race car. Not one issue ever.

As to NGK plugs, order those online NGKsparkplugs.com is one source. I usually order 4-6 sets every winter before race season starts.