IGNORED

Ken's 280z Resto Thread

ksechler

All:

Thanks for the kind words.  Since this type of project is never done....  I have a couple of things I could use some help with:

1).  My dash lights stopped working.  Coincidentally I changed the headlamps around the time they stopped working.  I doubt that is related but I thought I'd give ALL of the information.  None of the instrument lights work, the glove box light doesn't work but the map light does work.  Any ideas?  I must admit I have very little desire to disassemble the dash -what a pain! 

2). My steering gets stiff when cornering aggressively.  it feels like the rack is binding or something.  The wheels turn freely near center.  They also turn freely with the car jacked up.  Can anyone shed any light on this.  Takes a lot of the fun out of turning corners which this car is designed to do....

6 hours ago, ksechler said:

2). My steering gets stiff when cornering aggressively.  it feels like the rack is binding or something.  The wheels turn freely near center.  They also turn freely with the car jacked up.  Can anyone shed any light on this.  Takes a lot of the fun out of turning corners which this car is designed to do....

Have you had it professional aligned yet?

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

Have you had it professional aligned yet?

Yes, yesterday.  It's much better, but still feels a little stiff.  I think I can live with it for now.  I'm enjoying being able to drive the car.  It kind of blows my mind that I actually got this far.  There were a lot of times when it didn't seem like I would ever get it on the road again.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately the car has not been getting any attention as of late. I am still deployed on a military training exercise till the end of October. I have been away more than 4 1/2 months since April this year. If all goes well I will be back in the garage early November and tackling the passenger side floor pan.
Yes, I miss working on my car...