IGNORED

Does anyone make replacement EFI engine room harnesses for the 280Z

conedodger

A friend of mine just finished restoring the body on a 280Z and when he was done, it wouldn't start. It appears the EFI harness has been hacked into and patched and we're thinking that if someone makes a replacement harness like they do in the Porsche world, it might be a best fix... Leads?

Auto wrecker? I will be removing my complete EFI harness later this year when I convert to a Haltech system. Everything is intact, works and in very good condition. If he's not in a rush I may be selling it. PM me if he's interested. Won't be pulling it for a couple of months though.

I even have a brand new Master terminal kit with the newer style push locks. Never got around to installing it. All injectors, AFM , Coolant sensors and Fast Idle Valve connectors.

Edited by Chickenman

Probably doesn't help, but the factory harness looked like it's been hacked and patched when it was new.  They used a lot of crimps and "tap" junctions.  Then buried them in insulating tape.

Even if he gets a replacement harness he'll still have to do some meter work to get power where it needs to go.  He might be in the same boat with a new harness as he is now with his old one.  Just saying...

Thanks guys. Chickenman, keep me posted. This is not his car and not my car. It is a customers car. Porsche harnesses often get reproduced so for Porsches, this is not a unicorn I'm looking for. In fact, I know a guy who makes Porsche harnesses who might reproduce the harness if I could find him a good one to copy from... Hmmm...

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, the_tool_man said:

I talked with Kurk McKay over on Hybridz about replacement connectors.  He makes complete harnesses too.  You might try him:

https://m.facebook.com/mackay.power.products

What is "m.facebook.com"?   Is it a new Facebook thing?  Never seen it.  The new ransom-ware bug makes me nervous.

Just now, Zed Head said:

What is "m.facebook.com"?   Is it a new Facebook thing?  Never seen it.  The new ransom-ware bug makes me nervous.

I'm using a tablet. It defaults to the mobile version. You can always go directly to Facebook and do a search. Or look him up on hybridz.

Thanks.  I was serious, I didn't know what the m was for.  Makes sense though.  Part of the overall monitoring, profiling, and mind-control programs. I clicked.

Isn't FricFrac associated with McKay?  Or maybe he is McKay.  Pretty sure they're connected though.  People like FricFrac's stuff.  

I have Kurk Mackay making me a new F/I harness along with a fully integrated Megasquirt system plug-and-play, the ECM and ECU for my 77 280Z his email is kurk.mackay@gmail.com.  FricFrac is Vintage Connection(vintageconnections.com) his personal email is delthomas@sbcglobal.net> Check them out.    Steve

11 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Thanks.  I was serious, I didn't know what the m was for.  Makes sense though.  Part of the overall monitoring, profiling, and mind-control programs. I clicked.

Isn't FricFrac associated with McKay?  Or maybe he is McKay.  Pretty sure they're connected though.  People like FricFrac's stuff.  

Yes.  He is FricFrac.  He was introduced to me by that name.  When I messaged him on Hybridz, he told me he was Kurk, and gave me links to his FB page and email.  As info, his replacement connector kit is $50, as of a few weeks ago.  I have no idea what a complete harness would cost.

Edited by the_tool_man