Made in USA drill bits? - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Made in USA drill bits?

Featured Replies

At the machine shop I previously worked for, we used Precision Twist Drill (PTD) and Dormer among others. Try checking the sales flyer at KBC tools for deals. Be aware that we found the KBC house brand drills were quite low quality, you get what you pay for.

http://www.kbctools.ca/products/CUTTING%20TOOLS/DRILLS/JOBBERS%20DRILLS/JOBBERS%20DRILL%20SETS.aspx

HTH

Mike

Edited by CanTechZ

My drill bit strategy is the opposite.  I buy cheap jobber drill bits and throw them away when they get dull.  I'm careful to always use cutting oil, make sure the bit is making chips, and not spin them too fast.  I can get 30 to 40 holes in mild steel before they dull.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.