IGNORED

Lock Part Sourcing

CDL1542

I've been trying to source the circled part for 240z door locks to no avail for a while via craigslist, ebay, etc for months. It's the piece that clips to the lock cylinder in the door and connects to the linkage rod. The ones I have (being soft metal) are completely shot and allow the cylinder to rotate without locking to door. I really need a passenger side one more than anything and figured I'd reach out and see if anyone has one laying around that's in good shape and not too worn (or knows where to get a new one). Any and all leads are very much appreciated!

Chris

WHERE_zpsfbvciqtb.png

I believe I may have a small selection of those. Let me have a look.

Hey Jim - are there any spares you don't have? :D

As it turns out, the ZCON judges didn't check out the antenna mast -  almost every one I saw was down, as was mine.  It turned out to be much ado about naught on my part!

Christian - I hope you're making good progress on the car this summer.

Jim

Hey Jim - are there any spares you don't have? :D

Jim

Yes, there are many things I wish I had more of. Somehow I have amassed an interesting collection of bits of pieces, haven't I?

Good to hear about the antenna judging (or lack there of...). Those guys are pretty thorough, surprised that was ignored. Maybe we should stop talking about it....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey CDL1542.  You may want to double check which part is actually worn out.  The tabs that are held on with the clip at the rear of the lock cylinder are made of steel and should be in good shape.  More than likely, the "core" of the lock cylinder that sticks out of the back is what has worn out since it is made of a soft pewter like metal.  I ran into this issue with my 280z several years ago and posted up the DIY article below.  The 280z was my daily driver for awhile and it never failed me.  If you have any questions on doing it just post up.

My article - http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/308946-how-s30-door-lock-coat-hanger-repair.html

Another article - http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/37998-door-lock-repair-for-s30s/page-2