Touch-up Paint Sources & Opinions - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Touch-up Paint Sources & Opinions

Featured Replies

I have been looking for some touch-up paint to use in the engine bay of my 918 orange '70 240z and I found a company called ColorRite that supplies touch-up paint in aerosols, half pints and pens in a few of our colors. Here is a link to their site and a link to an amazon example:

http://www.expresspaint.com/automotivetouchup/pc/viewPrd.asp?idProduct=17516&idCategory=24&resetSess=Y#details

http://www.amazon.com/ColorRite-Aerosol-Nissan-Automotive-Touch-up/dp/B00GVOBDIM/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Nissan|67&Model=240Z|2284&Year=1970|1970&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive

Anyone have any experience with this company and if so how would you rate their products.

If you know of other touch-paint suppliers for our old paint codes please add to this thread with supplier names and reviews if possible.

Mike

I recently worked with the folks at PaintScratch.com for touch-up on my 920 Safari Gold.  It was not previously in their available set but they quickly researched it, found the formula, and added it their standard offerings.  It was a great match!  Check them out.

 

Edit: they're using a PPG formulation.

 

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Edited by jfa.series1

I'm happy with some touch-up paint I bought from Jeff's Paint at amazon.com.  Small amount for scratches blended in very good after I had the original paint wheeled out to a new shine.  I called him though, he sent me #918.  His listings didn't show '72 240Z.

  • Author

Thanks to Jim, Sean and site for your suggestions, I will check them out.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.