IGNORED

No spark

Patcon

Even more reason for me to pay Charles a visit. Have meter, will travel. I also have a couple tach/dwell meters in my garage. All it would cost you is some Diet Dew, and some good BBQ, preferably from a place that have hushpuppies to die for. It's been over 20 years since I set gap and dwell, but I can probably still manage it.

Thanks, guys

I normally can't work on it during the week and the weekends have been so wet it is making it difficult to make progress. Same with my plating efforts.

Bonzi Lon

I hate the all black cables! I need to rectify that too. Did the partially burnt link limit the current so it wouldn't fire up.

CO

The voltage numbers to look for are just what I needed. Glad you caught the vernacular :P

Steve,

I may just take you up on that if I don't make some progress soon. I would enjoy meeting other members in person. I would like to make the Z confab but I don't know if I can swing the money. A house call may have to be in order. I will have to ask around to some friends on the food... :)

I replaced the fuseable link and put on a RED positive cable before anything else was done.   I 'think' the car is dead if the link is broken, the electrical guys can answer for sure.  Electric stuff makes my brain itch.  :)

Bonzi Lon

Steve

No I haven't met any of the upstate Z members. Hadn't heard about them. That would be interesting to meet some other Z people

CO

Thanks for the help. We will see where it goes.

Bonzi

I have power so I don't know about the links but I will look.

I evidently won't be able to work on it this weekend. I am flying to Dallas on Saturday and driving back Sunday. That's why my projects take years instead of months.

• 2 weeks later...

post-22019-0-24065200-1431296731_thumb.j

Do you see anything wrong in this picture?

Was messing with the car some today, voltage would be good on the coil with the points closed then weird then good...

Finally looked at the gap and they were scorched. A little sandpaper to clean then up and it sparks like it should.

And the answer is.......

No Condenser. Will have to locate one... 

Now I need to sort the brakes. We rebuilt a booster but the pedal still travels too far. Might start a thread on that...

Thanks for everyones help