IGNORED

Datsun Competition Triple Intake

nismospek

Hopefully I am in the right subforum. I have a Datsun Competition intake and I am thinking about selling it with my SK triple carbs to go towards other more necessary parts. I was wondering if anyone had a good idea of what maybe the intake alone would sell for. I saw some NOS ones through Japan that were asking over 1K. I know that most used triple intakes sell for around 300 with linkages etc. I just don't know if the guys with period correct race cars would specifically look for this intake etc. and if it commanded a premium. 

I am certainly not informed about your particular manifold, but I have been watching ebay and someone is bringing in triple manifolds in from Japan delivered for $288. With throttle linkages, the pictures look like new.

Yep seen those, but they are not the Datsun Competition ones. They are the Harada's or Tomei's which look really similar. The Datsun Competition ones come with a non adjustable linkage. The far left linkage hole is a screw type also. 

So I just purchased a brand new Harada intake from the same person on eBay who is selling the used ones from Sanyo for $230.

The new Harada was $450, came with all of the linkage, gaskets, etc.  His shipping was incredibly fast.  I received it from Japan in about 5 days and I live in Austin, TX.  That was faster than some of the stuff I have purchased on ebay that was coming to me from other places in the US.  The seller was also great at communicating as I had some initial questions for him before I made the purchase.

One of the things I really like about this manifold, as compared to the Cannon that I am using now, is the built in return spring mechanism.  Hopefully this will let me eliminate the external ones I am using now.  The throttle rod is also massive as compared to the one on the Cannon.  The Cannon rod is 5/16" / .31" while the one on the Harada is 10mm (or .394 inches).  I am also hopeful that this beefier rod will help the throttle action and also provide a smoother return to idle.

It's out being powdercoated now but I will pick it up later today and begin the fitting process.

Here's a picture from the ebay ad.

post-18548-0-73142400-1427302818_thumb.j

Mike.

• Like 1