IGNORED

Jdm Ecu Adjustment Screw

hr369

I had never seen a JDM L20 ecu before and was surprised to see this little adjustment screw on the side of it.  I asked my wife

what the kanji meant and she translated it to say "be careful with idle adjustment"   I think something got lost in translation there

somewhere because you can adjust the idle in the engine compartment. Perhaps its idle mixture? Instead of being on the afm they

moved it to the ecu? 

post-23403-0-85720900-1424657619_thumb.j

post-23403-0-27946100-1424657666_thumb.j

i've heard that it is in relation to the catfish - not the feline cat. this fish (i've read) has a thick, rubbery skin that is difficult to remove, and every fisherman had his own process for "skinning a cat".

My Grandad used to use a set of pliers to pull the skin off a catfish, they don't have any scales, and it peels right off.

It's hard to imagine the size those things get to be, I've personally seen one 4 feet long that weighed 75 pounds.  It's mouth was the size of a football.

It would be very interesting to know whether that potentiometer is inline with the coolant temp sensor.  If it's the same wiring as the '78, I believe that would be pin 13 on the big connector.

With regard to skinned cats...  Yes, unfortunately, I've seen them.  Some graduate students in my lab at one university had the unpleasant job of skinning them for disection specimens in an anatomy class.  I hated seeing that, because I'm quite a cat lover.