IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

Started welding up the holes on the intake yesterday too!

Attached a brass rod to act as a heat sink near the flange

1fc0af32da9dcd2df4055b01a844465c.jpg

TIG welded the rest of it up!

1d8903f47c44a0c1f6ab0be6e786467c.jpg

More welding to do today after I ground off the beads, found a few pinholes. More pics to come!

Sent from my iPizzle ringy dingy device....

280z doors are much heavier than 240z doors. 240z doors feel like empty beer cans. They added a crash bar inside the 280z doors and it adds a lot of weight. Also if you remove them with the window and frames on them that adds too.

I would love to learn how to TIG...

looks great - nice work.

while you have the doors off, cover the inside of the skins with a soundproofing material and you will be happy with how much quieter the cabin gets. also much more solid sounding when closing.

i used a foil-backed adhesive mat for the entire floor/trans tunnel, roof, doors and hatch floor and really love the results.

I just bought the lizard skin instead of DIY route. I used the insulating lizard skin first then the sound deadening product. Just be sure when you spray that you get enough on so it lays out smooth or even orange peelie. I may even top that with Dyno mat. The car is already much quieter sounding.

• Like 1

Die grinder air tool, dremel with sanding wheels, TIG welder, random orbital air sander, cutoff wheels on 5" grinder, aluminum grinder wheels, various emery cloth hand sanding, one inch strip see saw sanding around the tubes.... 50 hrs plus. So far...

Sent from my iPizzle ringy dingy device....