IGNORED

Does our main page have too much content?

Mike

Is our main page have too much content?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Is our main page have too much content?

• No, I think it's fine.
    • Maybe, it could use a LITTLE refining.
    • Yes, there is too much content.
    • I thought you'd never ask, hell yes!

From my point of view........You could dump the "Automotive News" area. I tried to use it and found that I had to "register" and provide my email address in order to view any of the articles. I get enough SPAM and can't be bothered with registering to receive more.

As mentioned previously, I'd like to see links to the gallery instead of previews. That would free up some space too.

I like the rest of the page.

Or just provide the Automotive links to sites that don't require registration, making the box smaller.....

Maybe downsizing the number of News blocks on the Main Page to just one or two instead of three.

I like the Gallery block, keeps me up to date on the newest photos without having to visit the gallery unless I see something interesting....

With the random image link in the Gallery block now, do we really need the extra random image block as well?

Mike,

I've noticed during my usage of the main page that I haven't used the 'Reviews', 'Club Stats' or 'Automotive' panels. And I've only used the 'Main Menu' a few times.

Possibly, these could be accessed via tabs or links.

But by far the layout of this site is the best among all similar sites!

Thanks for the great job you do, and for giving us the opportunity to express our opinion on this matter. By giving us the chance to express our views concerning the site reinforces the feeling that this is everyones club.

Well said Rob.

Here are the things I dont think are necessary on the main page:

- Shout box (but I know others use this quite a lot so it probably should stay)

- Club Stats (maybe just have members, posts and total hits? Or maybe just have the stats linked from a link in the main menu?)

- Coming Z Events (is there ever an event in here?)

- Private Messages (Shouldn't be there - maybe just a link in the Personal Menu?)

- Automotive (It's a trick little feature, but does anyone really use it?)

- Random Z car (I agree with 2ManyZ's in that if I want to see random pictures I will click the random pictures link)

I do not agree however that the number of news items should be decreased. Three is a minimum, if you're going to do anything add another one!

And WHOA, I've never clicked the "Got Roadster" link before. Nice sister-site Mike!!!

Originally posted by Zedrally

Nice clean up Mike,

Could you restore action in the forums to where it was....please

Otherwise I'll spend more time doing thge last 100 search more than reading threads!:finger:

Ok, it was at 25 and I pulled it back to 10. I'll put it back to 25.

So you don't like looking through the latest 100 ?

Just as an aside, is it possible to have a universal time [GMT] displayed somewhere on the front. May be on top of the shout box?

I've noticed a few times times appearing in the shout box and have no idea as to the time zone they may be in?

I think that you're doing a top notch job there Mike!!

The only thing I'd have to level at the site is these couple of points:

-Too many links to news sites, automotive news (probably just me though, but as Bambi was saying, they need your details ie SPAM central!!).

-The events section is never really updated...I'd love to see what events are happening up to 3 months ahead!!

Other than that I'd just me severly pedantic...but yeah, oh, and good work on the new images bar...handy!!!

Congrats to you mike...you've set up a good site and really care about us and what we think/want!!!

Cheers ppl!!!

i hardly ever look at the main page all i do is click forums then new posts maybe if you center everyting around that link (the forums link that is) something might (can't promise anything) distract me to look other places on the main page ;)

what i see every day looks good Mike good job