IGNORED

Better Than New 240Z Taillight Trim

Randalla

Thanks that's helpful.

On my OEM trim pieces someone has added something to the tip of the center pin as can be seen in these photos.

IMG_20150604_200454.jpg

IMG_20150604_200459.jpg

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what it is? The white stuff?

Flat push on retainers for connecting it to the lense.  Like these.

EDIT: You can see the white plastic on the middle post in that picture.

DE_011513-A.jpg

post-24724-14150829812329_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150829814464_thumb.jpg

2nd EDIT: Don't forget to paint the inside with white spray paint.  Thanks Dr 240Z.

post-24724-14150829813096_thumb.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

Hi bartsscooterservice,

Did you have any issues with the center post as mentioned by Dr.240z earlier? Was it the correct length?

I don't know, I didn't want to go to the hassle of taking the tail light apart. The old one came of pretty easily, I just put a few small dots of sealant ( glue like ) on the back of the new ones and pushed it on, one night drying and I was done. If I want I can get it of easily with a small wire, and remove the old sealant. Much easier imo, but not the correct way. But who's going to see it anyway.

By the way my name is Bart just like the company ;)  :P

Edited by bartsscooterservice

I've sold over 100 sets of 240Z chrome taillight bars and have received nothing but accolades. The only complaint I've received to date was from George, who posted here previously. Since he was unhappy, I offered to refund the full price, after receiving his back. If you're considering buying a pair, I'd be happy to provide references verifying the quality of the parts I reproduced. I won't name names here, but suffice it to say, many sets have been sold to Z enthusiasts well known on this site (maybe some of them will weigh in). One person in particular purchased 10 sets.

I agree with George that the center post is shorter than the OEM part, so in that sense it's not 100% accurate. Unfortunately, I learned this after my parts were completed. For those that don't know, there are three mounting posts on each taillight bar. The two posts on each end are more than sufficient to secure the bars in place. I wont be re-producing any more sets with longer center posts.

My offer still stands to you, George. If you think you can source better parts, I'll happily refund your money when I've received my parts back.   

No thanks, Randy.

I'll take the high road, and abbreviate my disappointment; returning them to you would be a leap of faith.

Caveat emptor

George

• Like 1