Front Cover/dizzy Hold-Down - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front Cover/dizzy Hold-Down

Featured Replies

  • Author

The website sent me an email confirming the order, but didn't charge my card yet. They showed having one for the ZX and one for the Z, so I'll keep an eye out, and if it doesn't charge soon, I'll let you know. I live in Cumming, closer to Canton.

Do you have a link?  The site below is typically known as Arizona Z Car.  It's one of my most unfavorite web sites to try to get around in.  Maybe there's another out there.

 

http://www.arizonazcar.com/

  • Author

No, that wasn't it. Was Z Car Source, in AZ. My bad if I led astray.

  • Author

So I got the part from Z Source, and it doesn't match the ZX distributor. Neither does the one that is on my block, and the two mounting blocks aren't alike to each other. Besides returning the block, is there a 3rd option I need to know about? The distributor is marked d6k81-01 and 22100p9100

Got a camera?  You haven't shown what you had, or what you bought, or even given the part number and link to what you bought.  You might be talking about something entirely different.

 

Blue showed the two Z car styles, with pictures, in the ZX distributor swap writeup on the atlanticz site.  Post #2 above.  I think that there may be other designs from the L4's used in various Datsuns, and the L24E used in the Maxima's.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

According to this spread sheet you have a '82 non turbo distributor.  Does it have the E12-80 module or the 92 with 2 plugs?

 

post-23570-0-83753700-1419270329_thumb.p

  • Author

The one on the right is the ZX one you need.  Blue's Tech Tip picture.

 

1.jpg

I have the one on the right, but the hold down screw for the distributor doesn't line up with the mount. It is further "in" by about 1/4 inch. I can drill another hole, but if the correct one is out there, I'd like it.

  • Author

According to this spread sheet you have a '82 non turbo distributor.  Does it have the E12-80 module or the 92 with 2 plugs?

 

attachicon.gifZX dizzys.png

I have the two plugs.

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Here are the pics I have of the two mounts I've ordered, neither are right.

post-2097-0-55789800-1426547746_thumb.jp

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.