Tail Light Restoration... - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Tail Light Restoration...

Featured Replies

Okay, so today I did my taillight restoration. The one grand ambulance bar cleaner was actually fantastic for removing all of the 40+ years of crud from the lenses. The chrome strip was a bear to remove, but once it was replaced it looks like I have two brand-new taillamps. Very pleased with the results so far.

Here is a quick before and after snapshot.

post-29637-0-49718000-1416786172_thumb.j

Osteo, looks fantastic! I can see it.

" The one grand ambulance bar cleaner"? is that an in joke or an actual product?

Whatever it is, it certainly works well.

Chris

  • Author

It is an actual product used to scrape the bugs and other residue off of the plastic light bars on an ambulance. It was recommended to me for the taillights-and it has been working a treat. It's available online. I'm pretty sure Amazon has it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

An additional step in the refurbishment to consider: Coat the grey interior of the tail light housing with white paint while you have the opportunity. The end result will surpass your expectations.

 

If interested in the documentation, please refer to post: 437763

 

Here's another attempt to direct you to it: http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/48126-240z-tail-light-refurbishment/

 

 

George

An additional step in the refurbishment to consider: Coat the grey interior of the tail light housing with white paint while you have the opportunity. The end result will surpass your expectations.

If interested in the documentation, please refer to post: 437763

Here's another attempt to direct you to it: http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/48126-240z-tail-light-refurbishment/

George

 

BRILLIANT POST!!   Wish I'd seen it before I did my lenses.  I added a link to your post on my page.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.