IGNORED

JB Weld......................................

SoCalZ

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I used JB Weld to fix the cracked plastic under the horn pad......

It was all there but cracked, held together with a wiretie...I glued it together when it dried I sanded down the high spots popped right on and holds ....saved $52.50 :-) .......

I used it once on a 85 Dodge diplomat...... the driver side power window button worked one way..... I took it apart found there was a plastic piece was worn away that pushes on a metal contact........ I drilled a few small holes in the part for J.B. to hold onto built up the part ..When dry ,filing and sanding the part....

Worked great......... lasted another 50,000 miles still working when i gave the car away(165,000)... saved me ???????$$$$$$

that switch had all four controls plus the window lock...

P.S. That was the same JB tube(s) and still have more.... ? six years later....... Love the stuff

• 2 months later...

The driver side armrest is no longer avail.There is a piece of metal that attaches to the foam of the arm rest.Use jb weld and apply a thin coat over and around the metal plates. This will save your armrest.I also coated the underside of my console where the choke attaches.I love that stuff! There is also a JB Quick that dries in 4 minutes.It doesn't have the heavy holding power of the original but,it works great on light jobs and you don,t have to wait overnight!!

I had a motorcycle that I restored where someone had hammered out the main jets and screwed up the aluminum housing the jets screwed into. They cracked it in 2 places. A little JB weld and a small metal wire to sinch things back together and "presto", good as new. I road the that bike for 4 more years and never had any ill-effect from being immersed in gas.

I also have a small 50cc scooter that has JB weld holding the gas tank sending unit together. After 6 years, still works like a charm!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine lost control of the car we were in and drove it into the ditch. There was a tree stump in the ditch that broke the grill and knocked the cap and its mounting point off the radiator.

We were in the sticks and closest settlement was MacLennan (in the Catlins on the South Island of New Zealand)

First house we went to we got chased away by Grandma with a shotgun........

Second place (the only other option) was a hippie bus. The guy was pretty rough and his wife rougher......Anyway he started up the bus which hadn't moved for 12 months and drove to where the car was and pulled us out. We found the front was a mess so he towed the car back to his camp site. By this stage we had established his wife was a reformed alcoholic, drug addict anorexic.....he was a reformed alcholic and was on the benefit from being poisoned at work.

Anyways you find real rough diamonds out there. He put some shade cloth on the car as a grill and jb welded the radiator back together. Considering that puppy was under pressure and wet I was amazed it held together all the way back to Dunedin (3 Hours)

My first introduction to JB weld was a goodun!!!

• 1 month later...

When I had my intake manifold (E88 for a 72 240Z) bead blasted and polished I used JB Weld around the carb heat water pipe where it exits the rear intake and enters the front. There are tiny o rings that are damaged and not replaceable. If not for JB Weld spread around the pipe you would have leaks or not be able to use carburator heat.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me count the ways...

On the horn pad

On the cam oiler tube

On the vacume tube I modified with a flexible brake line from the intake manifold to my auto trans kickdown

On the interior to fix may cracks on the inside of the panels during resoration

On the console to rebuild many areas during resto

To fill a couple of holes in my head...

Keith

• 3 months later...