Relay Bracket Details - What Relays Go Where? - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Relay Bracket Details - What Relays Go Where?

Featured Replies

Mine the fastest Zed in town. Oh wait a minute, its the only Zed in "my" town. Does that still count:)

Haha....too funny! You guys made my day :laugh:

Unfortunately I can't provide a photo because I removed that bracket from the engine bay entirely and relocated all the relays inside the cabin, on an aluminum bar mounted to the back of the firewall in the passenger side. This was all part of re-wiring to replace the fusible links with maxi fuse blocks, which I mounted to the back of a large plastic wire harness/plug mount up under the dash on the far right side.

It was a poor place for the relays in the stock location, right under the hood vent and exposed to the elements.

I believe the 78 FSM shows 1 relay EFI and 2 for fuel pump, or something like that. I'm traveling on business so I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure there are 3 total - but I don't have AC...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
I believe the 78 FSM shows 1 relay EFI and 2 for fuel pump, or something like that. I'm traveling on business so I can't confirm but I'm pretty sure there are 3 total - but I don't have AC...

Thanks for the thoughts. Here's something that you might be able to do remote... This is a snippet from the 78 manual with a sketch of the late style relay bracket:

78rbracket_zps9f3920f5.jpg

Is that what yours looked like, because if so, it's completely different than the 77 version.

yup - that's it.

but i only had relays 1, 2 & 3 (no a/c and i think 5 is for automatic?)

  • Author

Yes, I believe the #5 inhibitor is for automatics only, so 1, 2, and 3 only makes sense for manual trans without A/C.

Thanks for the help with the 78 point of view.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.