240 clutch slipping, NOT NOW!!! - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240 clutch slipping, NOT NOW!!!

Featured Replies

I was reading trying to find a good clutch to order and stumbled across a thread about adjusting the slave cylinder. "What can you adjust on a slave cylinder" I said to myself, buy a new one and be done. But boy oh boy was I wrong. Thanks to Arne and someone that goes by Dogma I turned that rod out 2 threads and left black marks in front of my house.

YeeHaw! I love this forum.

Cool. Now get back out there and leave your "mark" some more. tire marks only, ok? ;)

Unlike the rest of us that stuck at our desks on a sunny day...

You must be using a slave cylinder for the Series 1?

After June 1972 they changed to a non adjustable version and matching clutch fork.

Nothing like a simple fix / big result to make your day:love:

Grats Site

Chas

  • Author

After June 1972 they changed to a non adjustable version and matching clutch fork.

February 1972.

I'm about drunk with happiness (beer) from that result!

I've decided to go ahead and take it apart and make it as new as I can, steering wobble at 80mph, radiator dripping coolant etc., she's an older girl that needs a vaginoplasty. Don't google images of that word.

Thanks Zkars & Chas.

Edited by siteunseen

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.