IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

Haz, that is some amazing work, can't wait to see it completed. If I can help let me know. I live up in Divide but don't mind a road trip every so often but I don't take the Z out in the winter I've put in way to much work to end up in a ditch if you know what I mean, scheesh Colorado drivers!

Thanks Chas! Are you doing the 240 bumper as well?

Yes, I have the MSA fibre glass bumper already fitted, but still using the 280Z valance. The problem with that combination is it leaves a rather large air gap between the bottom two row grille and the bumper. The 240Z valance wont fit because the front frame section drops down to low for the larger 280Z radiator.

I had two options:

1- Fit the 240Z bumper with the 280Z valance or 280Z air-dam and make a new lower grille (parts out of a 240Z grille) to fill the gap.

2- go full 240Z look with the indicators under the bumper, 240Z grille and a 240Z air-dam.

I found a 240Z grille in good condition, but then decided to go with option 2. Now I have a 240Z air-dam and plan on fitting it in the next months.

Chas

Edited by EuroDat

Hi rossiz,

I restart my old thread on it tonight. Im planning on fitting the turn signal in the next weeks.

To keep it short, hope HaZmatt doesn't mind, I tried the valence from a 240Z. Thought I could modify it, but the frame is just too low.

My solution is to use the Xeon Air-dam from MSA and the turn signals from the 240Z. The air-dam replaces the 240Z valence and it is just low enough to cover the frame and it reduces the gap between it and the bumper.

Chas

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Frustrated!  :angry:

Sorry but I need to rant. Still waiting for my motor to get back from Rebello. I was originally told 4-6 weeks and its been over 6 months now. Plus $800 over quoted price. When I called Dave back in August some time he told me "its just about done". When I called him in September he told me "we just need to dyno it". Then when I called him in October he said "Im just waiting for a head gasket and some parts". Last time I talked to him was 3 weeks ago and he said he just needs to dyno it and it would be done at the end of the week. Haven't heard anything since.

I've stopped calling him and bugging him because I don't want to be that guy, but I was really planning on being close to done with my build by now. I understand these things take time and things happen but I feel like i'm getting the run around. But if the motor is as good as his reputation is I will be happy. That is all thank you. 

Started working more on the interior. Installed my rear strut housing covers. Didn't turn out too bad. Also test fit my rear cargo carpet piece. Looks nice but has bends in it that wont lay down flat. Hopefully they will eventually.

post-28616-0-24867700-1417577669_thumb.j

post-28616-0-19645900-1417577781_thumb.j

20141129_165127.jpg

post-28616-0-51461400-1417577939_thumb.j

post-28616-0-04067300-1417577971_thumb.j

post-28616-0-36160000-1417577992_thumb.j

Also refinished my steering wheel

post-28616-0-57313000-1417578020_thumb.j

• Like 1