IGNORED

Introduction, Story and Request for Help

Bart,

When I first saw the photo I also thought it was a "240Z" emblem because of the extra band of light color coming off the right side. Then I searched for some photos online of Series I cars with the "240Z" emblem. It appears the circle of the "240Z" emblem is smaller than the round "Z" emblem on the newer models. This car appears to have the larger round emblem. Since the "240Z" emblems have 240Z across the center, you wouldn't be able to see the complete circle or circumference of the emblem. In this photo you can see the entire circumference. Since there are other reflections of sunlight on the car and the light color near the emblem is at a strange angle, I think it's just a reflection and not the end of "240Z". Okay, I've got too much time on my hands this morning. :)

Also, how far have you gotten in locating the original owner of your car?

Robert S.

agreed with 1972... '70-'72 bumper, '71 production forward sail emblem (although the glare IS deceptive), '72-'76 hubcaps... and i also agree with the color as suggested. this is NOT 907 green... so not an earlier car. also, sadly, i agree with the sad prognosis for a daily driven z in the rust belt. best of luck in quest.

Bart,

When I first saw the photo I also thought it was a "240Z" emblem because of the extra band of light color coming off the right side. Then I searched for some photos online of Series I cars with the "240Z" emblem. It appears the circle of the "240Z" emblem is smaller than the round "Z" emblem on the newer models. This car appears to have the larger round emblem. Since the "240Z" emblems have 240Z across the center, you wouldn't be able to see the complete circle or circumference of the emblem. In this photo you can see the entire circumference. Since there are other reflections of sunlight on the car and the light color near the emblem is at a strange angle, I think it's just a reflection and not the end of "240Z". Okay, I've got too much time on my hands this morning. :)

Also, how far have you gotten in locating the original owner of your car?

Robert S.

It looks like the letter Z when I enhance the foto, but yeah it could be a reflection...

I have no idea how to locate a US citizen ? Can you help ?