IGNORED

Anybody have a heat shield for SU's?

Kurbycar32

I'm putting together my conversion to SU's from the weber DVG's. I think I have everything but the heat shield, and I just realized that thats how the throttle spring return attaches. If you have a spare i'll take it off of your hands. The SU's are round tops if that makes any difference.

Bruce, I know it was April 1 when you wrote that, but stilll... Fine, ha ha. I probably only have the special "cold weather" heat shields too that are extra thick and won't fit your US "ZEE's"...

You do know that the US is the ONLY country in the world where they say "ZEE", it couldn't be that maybe, YOU guys, have the funny name for them? nuck nuck? or is that Canuck?

My little stock of these should probably live at your house anyway. What good are heat shields in the frozen north?

Edited by zKars

Thanks guys. The problem i guess is that 1. I wasnt aware there were different shields for SU's and 2. I have never seen one of these in person. I am mounting 4 screw round top carbs on to a l28 block with an n42 head, if that helps anything.

When I get my act together (soon, ever?) I'll take pictures of the ones I have to post and maybe Bruce can point out the one that would work best for your manifold. The only difference is in the cut-outs, ie what they fit around and how. Bruce, help!

If you are mounting 4 screws on a 4 screw manifold then the mounting flange won't have the drop down section between the bottom 2 mounting holes. E46 or 48 or something should be the number on the manifold. Anyway the manifold mounting flange (for 4 screw carbs) will be symmetrical because they don't have the provision for water between the two bottom mounting bolts. That alone should answer the question......

But a flat top heat shield can be used with the making of two "S" hooks, drilling 2 holes in the heat shield for the hooks and hooking the springs to the hooks. Just and FYI for those of you out there that come here trolling for bits and pieces of information that this forum is known for...... Cheers.....