IGNORED

stock 73 240z electric fuel filter part #

Zup

Remember reading a post from someone with a Mallory 4070LP, makes 4 psi and has a nice bracket, as an alternative. I'm sticking with just the mechanical FP, seems like less to go wrong, although it's getting hard to find the stock type.

Wonder why Nissan used the two different types of electric FP's? Isn't the electric FP for carbureted Nissan pickups from the 80's about the same?

Maybe just put a metal can filter between the tank and the FP?

Edited by Stanley

Hey Stanley!

The Mitsuba pumps are very reliable. They have a history in racing and rally.

This really isn't about finding a pump that will work---that is easy. It is about making what came originally on the car perform for as many more years as possible.

I do have an in-line clear filter that can easily be disassembled and cleaned as needed. It is mounted between the tank and the pump as a precaution.

Maybe I'm a little too far gone, but I want to put it back the way it was and is meant to be. Believe it or not it gives me some comfort, harkening back to an earlier time I miss.

Jim D.

"Zup"