IGNORED

The Datsuns: The band

memory gap

Over Christmas when I went over to England, i heard some songs of this band - 'The Datsuns'. I just heard one of their songs on the radio over here in the states and I was wondering where they got their name from? I mean, datsun isn't a real word is it? Is it possible that they just stole their name from the cars? Check them out www.thedatsuns.com

Hey Man,

I think the music the datsun's are playing at the moment is great! I don't know if they've toured Aus yet, but I want to see them :classic: They're from New Zealand so they shouldn't be far off our shores.

I've been hearing interviews etc recently and they seem pretty down to earth considering they were a garage band not six months ago!

Oh, and I think I recall one of them admitting that they had taken the name from an old 180 B or 200B that a band member owned....

R.

my friend actually did some groupie work for the dattos just recently when they toured australia. I was meant to too, but decided to drink beer instead.

I believe they originally came from New Zealand, and seem to be doing quite well of late. (just like the other "rock n roll" resurgence bands, the strokes, hives, vines, D4 etc)

edit:

LOL, did i say groupie??? I meant 'roadie'.

Originally posted by trs

my friend actually did some groupie work for the dattos just recently when they toured australia. I was meant to too, but decided to drink beer instead.

I believe they originally came from New Zealand, and seem to be doing quite well of late. (just like the other "rock n roll" resurgence bands, the strokes, hives, vines, D4 etc)

edit:

LOL, did i say groupie??? I meant 'roadie'.

Groupie work huh? :sick:

Yes they are From NZ.

Yes the a Lo-Fi rock/punk thing is popular at the moment. (some of it is just sh*t though).

What ever happened to the Kiwi or Aussie Band, "The Cedrics"? Are they "The Datsuns" now? Our modern rock radio staion, KROQ, has a segment for the afternoon drive, called "Catch of the Day", where they play an obscure track. About a month ago, "The Datsuns" were featured. The DJ panned them calling them "Throwback" and he was going to Throw their album back into the dust bin.

Got to see the Datsuns and D4 whilst they were touring in the UK, It's good to see real entertaining live bands again. They actually look as if they are enjoying it and putting their all into gigs!

Someone did a short review of them on my website along with the bellrays actually.. check it out in the bands section.

http://www.phlem.org.uk/Fanzine/

Talking of garage bands though, has anyone heard of 'the stems' or 'the stairs'? Have to listen to radio birdman, heard good things about them! Personally I don't care if it's all been done before, as long as they are doing it well!

:classic: