IGNORED

my car sits too high... are struts difficult to remove?

inline4

i talked to another 510 guy and what I'm going to end up doing is installing 280zx front and rear brakes, and the ride height will be fixed when i go ahead and do this..

off topic, but what is the difference between an open and closed chamber head?

I need to replace my head, and if I do that, do the pistons need to be matched to the head? and will it damage the engine if not?

Originally posted by Z Kid

Not sure about over there, but here in aust, the 510/1600 rear setup is nothing like a Z, the finned drums don't even fit on.

In the US, some 510 track cars and autocross cars use the finned Z aluminium brake drums I'm told. I do not know what; or if any, modifications are required to do so.

Originally posted by inline4

I need to replace my head, and if I do that, do the pistons need to be matched to the head? and will it damage the engine if not?

You do need to be sure that the top of the pistons that you use do not rise UP in the cylinders so far that they will come into contact with the valves that will protrude DOWN into the cylinders as the engine breathes. Some piston heads are taller than others. Dished vs Flat vs Domed designs and differing heights measured from the rod wrist pin

I have no idea which pistons would be the appropriate ones to use for any given head.