Rear hatch with single shock mount - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear hatch with single shock mount

Featured Replies

i have a rear hatch that has single shock support mounts. It does not have the vents like the series one hatch does. What year did it come from?

i have a rear hatch that has single shock support mounts. It does not have the vents like the series one hatch does. What year did it come from?

Looking at my parts CD, it looks like 240z cars up to july/73 had single deck lid stays, or supports.

! have a 71...same hatch...single shock, no vents.

Looking at my parts CD, it looks like 240z cars up to july/73 had single deck lid stays, or supports.

The Series 2 cars began production in February 1971 so it looks like the production range for your hatch would be 02/71 - 07/73.

  • Author

Cool. Thanks guys!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
The Series 2 cars began production in February 1971 so it looks like the production range for your hatch would be 02/71 - 07/73.

Thanks, Jim. You are perfectly correct. I was just being all inclusive for the single hatch support use. I think we are twins. Both original owners, and cars are within a month apart. Mine is hls30-20419 with a prod. date of 1/71.

I guess that makes us both really old, too.;)

Dan

Thanks, Jim. You are perfectly correct. I was just being all inclusive for the single hatch support use. I think we are twins. Both original owners, and cars are within a month apart. Mine is hls30-20419 with a prod. date of 1/71.

I guess that makes us both really old, too.;)

Dan

Hi,

I'd like to make this triplets!!

As is, I'm the original owner of a 1/71 with production # HIS30-18859

Cheers,

George

Thread hijack alert!!!

Dan and George,

I'm sure you both will agree that any original owner of a Series 1 car is a certified, card-carrying member of The Old Farts Club! I'd say that puts us all in very fine company.

Dan - I recall a thread from earlier this year with a mention of a Series 1 VIN of 205XX, possibly the very last of this run. That would certainly put your car almost next in line to the last of these classics.

Jim

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.