Sign in to follow this  
Yamahacam

Cam's 1977 240k Sedan

I don't really know how yahoo japan works but I bid $235 aud and gear boot was about $30. After fees and postage cost me $350. Probably could have waited for a cheaper set but my window for a friend in Japan to help was closing. The lights where wired up a bit funny and wattages of bulbs not what I wanted so I rewired and rebulbed so should be ready to plug in maybe this weekend.

Did you wire them up so that all the red lights are dual filament, tail lights and brake lights?

I have a pair coming sometime soon and that's the plan

Jap version came with dual filament bulbs for brake tail already fitted but wasn't wired to work as 4 tails and 4 brakes? Also bulbs for both reds are stamped different on body of light so I changed them to be all the same. Not hard at all, my main concern was about having to fit dial filament fittings, but they're already there.

Also I can't get over how well these lights are made. 37 or so years old and they come apart easily for cleaning and look spectacular. You just don't get that with cars anymore.

Jap version came with dual filament bulbs for brake tail already fitted but wasn't wired to work as 4 tails and 4 brakes? Also bulbs for both reds are stamped different on body of light so I changed them to be all the same. Not hard at all, my main concern was about having to fit dial filament fittings, but they're already there.

So all red rings are dual filament? That's what I was wondering, bit of good news. I read somewhere that the outer rings were dual filament for park/tail lights, and inner rings were solely brake lights, just wanted to check.

Yeah both of the red rings are lit by dual filament bulbs on jap version. I just noticed on the back of the light body(white part) there are stampings for J and E(Japanese and euro? English?) bulb wattages and the J red ring bulbs are both dual standard. Bit hard to explain so have a look for your self. Stamps are the same on Jap and Aus version of lights.

post-28990-14150829354024_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]72712[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72713[/ATTACH]Picked up my parts car on the weekend. Lots of rust but plenty of good parts. Comes with a 4 spd which I'm pretty happy about too. Has had a few parts taken off it over the years sitting at a wreckers but overall pretty complete. Hope to strip it out then sell off some parts to re-coupe some money. Maybe. Long term plan. If I do I will be sure to post parts list here first.;)

Last one I sold I was as a roller so it was easier to load up. Will probably do the same with this one eventually but will let you know anyway.

Geez that looks good mate! Reckon I'll leave my Yonmeri with the export lights tho, since the Kenmeri will get the GTR treatment.

Did you clean up inside the lights? How did you get the lenses off? Mastic to reseal?

When I cleaned the Aussie ones the lenses where quite difficult to get off. I just used something like all clear from memory. The jap lenses almost fell out when I was cleaning them. Used a black sealant I had a work because it was free. Used it sparingly so not too messy.

When I cleaned the Aussie ones the lenses where quite difficult to get off. I just used something like all clear from memory. The jap lenses almost fell out when I was cleaning them. Used a black sealant I had a work because it was free. Used it sparingly so not too messy.

Yeah the Aussie ones seem quite tough. I'll try polish them up together and try put brighter bulbs in to make it better. Thanks

Advertised on gumtree recently for l24 l26 l28 engines and got a few responses. I bought one today. L26 complete, twin dome top su, filter housing and hpc coated extractors which u don't think will fit. Fresh head and was running well when taken out for v8 conversion.

post-28990-14150829692726_thumb.jpg

post-28990-14150829692086_thumb.jpg

I think so, no one really goes on about the l26, but offers I had for l28 where ridiculous. In fact everyone was chasing stupid money (imo) for all of them except this one. Main reason I bought it was that the su's had been set up for this motor, hopefully less stuffing around and just drop it in with the 5 spd. I am secretly expecting to find a mod cam under that cam cover too. Wait and see.

When I put one up I get 2 offers! 1 L26 I bought for probably too much. And one from like Sydney...

Lucky bastard.

I bought a set of hi tech extractors today and now have the 260z ones up for sale. Can't wait to put that motor in with the 5spd.

When I put one up I get 2 offers! 1 L26 I bought for probably too much. And one from like Sydney...

Lucky bastard.

Pretty happy for $250. Hopefully runs well.