IGNORED

Z cars are like women the particularly sexy and abusive kind(hello)

2sixTZombii

Or least that's what popped into head as I looked at my gas soaked fender wondering if what just happened hurt anything. Back up a month or so when this crazy relationship started, or even farther back when it truly started. My brother bought this car, its an early 260z, 13 years ago, we enjoyed it for awhile but after the struts went bad he stopped driving it and started considering doing a full tilt build, and installing a SBC. He got distracted by other projects and never did much with this one I was a small child at the time but really loved the car. As I got older I almost ended up with it at 16 but it never went through. Well I now gave become very mechanicaly inclined, and also have a 53 studebaker coupe project in storage. I needed a daily driver and it just so happened that he needed to get rid of the car. So We cracked opem the garage last month and got to reviving. During this time I posted a thread about needing starter help. As mine wasn't functioning properly someone posted a link to the fsm which I used take apart and clean my starter, and have used many times since then(thanks again) I chased a fuel issue for awhile to only conclude What I had done wasn't good enough for what was in the gas tank, which out to be black, fuel pump killing, paint eating, carb pluging, slime from hell. And several massive chunks of rust. I had it done by a radiator shop got it running again this weekend. Then proceeded to leap out the drivers seat and yell (this was midnight), SHE'S ALIVE which really freaked out a guy driving in an HRR(we where on the street). The next day I made the mistake of leaving key forward while helping my bro with his subie, and the back carb filled up the cylinders so full that when I went the turn the starter the motor stopped cold. We pulled the plugs and turned it over so it could lauch a massive amount of gas into my brothers eyes. But after pumping the cylinders empty putting everything back she ran fine. There are few things I need to get figured out yet of course but I figured I would introduce myself here, seems a little more active than Zcar.com. I almost forgot my brother a tually gave me this car for my B-day last month I had planned to buy it from him but he just handed me the keys and happy birthday.

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship. I buy her all these things and give whatever she needs but she just spits fuel in my brother face. But when she's finally happy with me I dance around like a dumb dog:stupid:An abusive relationship maybe but I think the car is just so sexy I don't even care:love:

Congrats it is now yours. Time to rebuild the carbs and have some fun. By the way gas face thing priceless.

We were actually just talking about that. It has a dual DGV conversion. I don't think it should seep fuel into the engine like that regardless of whether or not the pump is running, unless I missed something. It has a vent hood from a 280z but the vents are gone, one carb was getting rain and snow for 11 years while it sat outside. It's working but takes forever to warm up and hesitates on throttle and back fires out this carb sometimes. I was thinking of getting a major kit from pierce manifolds for this one, are there any cheaper vendors than them? I think the front one is fine but I think a major kit is in order for the back, what do you guys think?

Dan, welcome from the other side of Iowa! There are a few S30 owners in the Cedar Rapids area, but I've only seen a few of them actually running! I bought a '71 240Z last year to restore, but didn't have much time to work on the car this year. Look forward to hearing about more progress on your Z.

Robert S.