IGNORED

Air Horn Filters

grannyknot

Koalia, from what I gather, the two cut out holes on the back of the filters are fairly small so you get a good seal and the entire piece is light and stiff so there shouldn't be a lot of movement. The air horns should also limit up/down movement.

I purchased a set of 3 online as well, post some pics when they arrive and I'll do the same.

Chris

Im going to install Ramair in to mine (cause im cheap), i wonder do you just insert them over horns and thats it? The sucktion keeps them on place i guess.

I've been thinking of doing the same for easy on - easy off for go and show. Keep us posted with pics and feedback please.

Is this the one that you guys purchased?

3 x Ramair Carb Sock Air Filters Triumph TR6 Wide Port 150BHP Weber 40 Dcoe | eBay

Edited by Travel'n Man

Just got my new RAMAIR filters from England so here they are,

post-26437-14150826662189_thumb.jpg

post-26437-14150826662648_thumb.jpg

Because the horn flare is so wide, 87mm I have to install the horns into the foam sock first then bolt to the carb body. I guess it looks okay, I was hoping for some of the horn showing but clean air is more important to me.

Ramair says the filter socks are ready to use and are treated but I can not feel any oil of any kind on them.

I rubbed them against glass and could see no film or smear. They feel like clean new foam, is there some kind of spray that is used now to attract dust?

I am tempted to treat them with the UNI filter oil I have, anyone have any advice?

And for no reason other then I think you guys will appreciate it I include a pic I found that I just think is beautiful,

post-26437-1415082666409_thumb.jpg

JDM Fairlady I think with motorcycle carbs, an honest engine bay, not too fussy, no bling but all business, simple and clean.

Great shock tower brace.

post-26437-14150826661846_thumb.jpg

post-26437-14150826662418_thumb.jpg

Edited by grannyknot

Just got my new RAMAIR filters from England so here they are,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68026[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]68027[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68028[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]68029[/ATTACH]

Because the horn flare is so wide, 87mm I have to install the horns into the foam sock first then bolt to the carb body. I guess it looks okay, I was hoping for some of the horn showing but clean air is more important to me.

Ramair says the filter socks are ready to use and are treated but I can not feel any oil of any kind on them.

I rubbed them against glass and could see no film or smear. They feel like clean new foam, is there some kind of spray that is used now to attract dust?

I am tempted to treat them with the UNI filter oil I have, anyone have any advice?

And for no reason other then I think you guys will appreciate it I include a pic I found that I just think is beautiful,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68032[/ATTACH]

JDM Fairlady I think with motorcycle carbs, an honest engine bay, not too fussy, no bling but all business, simple and clean.

Great shock tower brace.

Looks great Chris.

I had similar filters on my car (installed by PO). I used an oil spray that I picked up from a motorcycle shop. I forget the name but I think it is pretty standard stuff available at all motorcycle dealerships etc.

Yeah, I have been looking at those for a while, this is the CAI box I would really like to get,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67867[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]67868[/ATTACH]

Second pic (maroon Z) looks like an R-factory airbox, I just purchased one of these for my cold air setup. Max airhorn length I measured would be about 70mm with minimal clearance.

Re filters. I'd run them dry unless specified otherwise. I ran uni filter socks, I've tried them oiled, then dry and it's messier when they are oiled. The positive was the oil seemed to help keep the dirt more on the outside of the filter, when dry I found more grit imbedded in the foam material and cleaning was taking at lot longer. If you do oil them, do it very lightly.

Colinc 'JDM Fairlady' is my ride, it's just an AUS spec November 73 240. Pic was taken at a car show, filters were removed for asthetics, uni filter socks are not nearly as pretty as the ram air filters. It's a shame to hide the stacks under an airbox/filters but that's the trade off I guess.

Edited by riceburner

Travel n man, these filters will work for 40 or 45 DCOE, the holes on the back are about 1" dia and do fit tightly around the base of the horn. Below is a pic with the lens of the camera stuck inside the filter looking up a florescent light and you can see a bit of light.There are two layers that make up the filter, dark grey is fairly coarse and the lighter grey much denser and similar to the UNI standard foam next to it.

post-26437-1415082669551_thumb.jpg

I emailed Ramair and they assured me that the foam has been treated but will need oiling after cleaning,

I think I'm going to oil it anyway.

post-26437-14150826695285_thumb.jpg