Alternative Throttle Bodies - Page 2 - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Alternative Throttle Bodies

Featured Replies

Steve,

The Mustang sounds like a good option. Do you know if the IAR is a PWM input?

Len

Yes it is

  • Author

I think a trip to the junkyard is in order. I'll have to make sure I take a ruler along...

Also a camera, and a notepad. Remember to document the specifics, like year and model.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I did a little quick searching for throttle bodies on eBay, using vehicles with big 4-cylinder or 6 cylinder engines (like small trucks.) I assumed ordinary cars and light trucks would have parts not meant for "performance" like the Mustang, and so, would be less expensive

The result is that most of the Ford models I researched had the same basic design, according to the year of the vehicle. And surprisingly, the 90s Ford Escort used an AFM that looked a LOT like the one on my L28e! It even had the same number of pins on the connector (it must be a Bosch design or manufacture.) But because it's for a smaller, 4-cylinder engine, the throat looked correspondingly smaller too.

Edited by TomoHawk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.