IGNORED

The FJ is coming back!!!

Zvoiture

The absolute altime most incredible truck ever built is returning! Check this baby out. Talk about retro and 'returning to roots...' (as a little progress study, compare a picture of a '69 240 and a 350Z and then compare a pic of this to a '69 FJ).

steve

ps..though I'm gusessing it dosn't come with a straight 6...

post-2047-14150792449349_thumb.jpg

The original fj is far more beautifull!? That is too roundish..Todays car design is more sculpturous and clearlined... They could take some of that buble figure away and ad some clearer lines...Thats the way to do it... There are ofcourse some features of an original fj that have been captured nicely in this new version. Like the front grille lookBut it still is too rounded......It should not be too buble or too boxy but something in between....Only my opinion..

:classic: Over all it looks good , It can be picked apart of cource but this is the best retro I have seen yet . There are a couple of things that look a little funky from the picture , like the door handes and front bumper , but in person both may work well. Overall I think they hit a home run.:classic:

>>>>But you americans are used to Big Ugly 4WD's so youv'e been desensitized to them. <<<<

Somewhat... one one hand, yes. They can not build H2's fast enough, and they are sublimely UGLY. But other than that, what else is ugly? Are 'Burbs, Explorers, Cherokees' 4-runners and Pathfinders ugly? Are Land-cruisers and Range Rovers ugly? If anyting, the last two are of an 'International' pedigree, no? The original FJ and Range Rover are the grandaddies of boxy, ugly utility vehicles. Sylish to a tee and icons of design, but boxy and ugly none-the-less.

But, back to the H2. Put this new FJ style alongside an H2, and the FJ will show very well, I am afraid.

(personally, I think it's gorgeous, but it is just a concept, so am not expecting it or anyting like it to actually see the streets.)

And where do you get those tires?!?!?!?

steve

I also think it is a reasonable reflection on the great old FJ and BJ series Landies. It seems to have reasonable ground clearance which is good, combine that with the winch presence and you get the impression that toyota are actually designing this thing for real offroad purposes.

Can you unbolt the roof though? :D

One a side note, is it just me or does the front of that new FJ look uncannily similar to the Ssangyong Korando? The Korando was a mercedes powered-korean built mongrel that sold quite poorly in Oz. Here is a picture for comparison...

post-2108-14150792453075_thumb.jpg