IGNORED

SK racing carbs

Reverend

Google Translation to English

** There can be different from the setting value of the actual are the manufacturer standard value. It's become a symptom, for example, such as stalled as "Gobogobo~tsu" when intense lateral G took it cry almost necessarily bite the air, "the waterfall climb carp" intense length, with lateral G in the hall led to the center venturi

To go sucked (the only gasoline) product gas that is a state, it is considered a symptom caused to become "dark" state time.

It is not so that does not reach the hole down the oil surface As a workaround, but the numerical values ​​we try to avoid here value because it also involved in (condition over the next G) ride of the people.

To say that the lower the oil level, please also consider the connection to the main is also a little slower.

There is a difference of reaction to G in any vertical cab or horizontally. ← here Add

photo-4

My Interpretation:

Intense lateral G force and cause fuel to rises up inside the carb and flow into the passage leading to the center venture.

This fuel-only entering the main circuit's aux venturi causes a rich period.

To prevent this, our work-around is to recommend lowering the fuel level based on the G loading of the individual’s driving and G forces in the carb.

Please also note that lower fuel levels will also delay the main circuit starting.

The reaction to lateral G force is different between vertical(side-draft) and horizontal (down-draught) carbs

Didn't see any Sk history but to help get some info

I copied over sone tidbits from the oer webpage.

1966 Established “SK Engineering Ltd.”

Developed “air governor” for automotive pollution control.

Received formal test reports (of the air governor) from AIST (Agency of Industrial Science and Technology) of MITI (Japanese Ministry of International Trade and Industry).

1970 Developed fuel acceleration feed system of internal-combustion engine.

1972 Acquired patent registration No.753500 for automotive compensator during low-load operation condition.

1974 Acquired petty patent No.1193868 for combustion pressure unit for automobile.

1978 Acquired petty patent No.1247406 for automotive adjusting device during low-load operation condition.

Acquired petty patent No.1255374 for overflow type carburetor.

1979 Developed SK turbo kit. Started production and sales of the kit.

1981 Applied 13 patents for SK turbo kit.

1983 Started to develop OER carburetor.

1986 Developed and completed OER carburetor.

1987 Developed various kinds of OER carburetor kits.

1991 Established “OER Corporation”.

1992 Developed and completed OER throttle body.

1993 Developed various kinds of sports injection kits.

1994 Developed and completed B16A sports injection kit.

Developed and completed DRC full computer.

1996 Developed and completed AE101 direct air system.

1998 Developed and completed PS13 carburetor kit.

1999 Developed and completed MPC fuel increasing and decreasing device.

2001 Developed and completed VTC valve timing controller.

2003 Developed and completed NA6CE sports injection kit.

2004 Developed and completed idle up kit.

I'm happy to see more people are using Sk/oer Carbs.

I have a set of sk 45 units with matching sk manifold and my roomate has oer 45 units with a mikuni manifold. We love these carbs. I will be doing a blow through setup with mine using an Hks surge tank. I have been searching for an sk unit but have come up short.

Edited by mildsquare

Koalia, VERY pretty! Did you take pics while you disassembled and cleaned? Are you going to add air filter screens or "suck dirty" ? I saw 2 Z cars at shows this summer that had no air filtering of any kind and it wasn't just for the show, they drove that way all the time. Couldn't do it myself.

mildsquare, great info, I've had a hard time finding history on this company and it's nice to see this stuff ending up in one place.

Blue, did you take those pics while you were in Japan?

By chance would any one know if a webber dcoe throttle shaft would fit an sk? One of my carbs, shafts is bent and the throttle plate started digging into the carb itself. Not too bad, but enough for me to take it off and go with another unit.

Edited by mildsquare