Sign in to follow this  
Reverend

SK racing carbs

I just purchased a fairly cheap set of SK Racing (not oer) carbs with 62mm horns. They look good and are all intact. My first idea was to put them to my Z but i need money now more than ever...I wonder what these are worth? Not many around and Made In Japan. That should say something about the quality.

post-20168-14150824981786_thumb.jpg

They appear to be identical to mt SK/OER triples except mine don't have the raised letters on the jet cover.

Mine were made just after OER bought the company from SK and they were made in Japan also.

Any chance you could take a close up pic of the stamped letters on the top?

Thanks,

Chris

post-26437-14150824983012_thumb.jpg

post-26437-1415082498279_thumb.jpg

I'd like to know a little more about these carburators. Where to get throats (or chokes?) and auxiliary venturis.

Could you tell me what that extra inlet/outlet tube is for? You (granny) have put threaded hoses to it. Is it fuel return or has it something to do with that cold start circuit?

Thanks! I have most of the manual pages, there's at least one i don't have. One helping soul sent those to me via czcc Facebook page. What kind of linkage you use granny and whered'ya got that choke linkage? I heard that Weber linkage is not direct bolt on

The throttle linkage looks stock from OER but the fuel enrichment (choke) cable is a generic motorcycle type brake or clutch cable. I'll post some close up pics soon but my computer got some virus last night and self destructed, got to see if I can save any files.

Chris

With slight modification to the original choke cable system, it can be used on that i suppose. Where does your breather/overflow tube go from there?

The breather/overflow hose is about 4" long and just clears the carb body so if there is an over flow it spills onto the heat shield. I guess those hoses could be longer like on a bike.

Okay, id love to hear any other experiences considering these carburators. Seems like there is not much of these around and all the info would be great, this thread could be modified to "general info about SK Racing carbs" thread or something

What manifold are you using? If you haven't bought one yet I would go with the shortest you can find only because by the time you have horns on or air filters there is very little room left between the carbs and the shock tower/Master cylinder.

I am curious about how well the SK carb does with the cold start circuit in cold weather? Anyone know how it works?

granny, I always enjoy seeing Ted your cat, I like cats and he looks like a good one.

Edited by Mikes Z car

I am curious about how well the SK carb does with the cold start circuit in cold weather? Anyone know how it works?

granny, I always enjoy seeing Ted your cat, I like cats and he looks like a good one.

post-26437-1415082541505_thumb.jpg This will probably answer your question.

post-26437-14150825415377_thumb.jpg Here's Ted healing up an infected paw, the black one is Spike,still a kitten.

Koalia, here is a link to Wolf Racing, they have some good images of linkages,

Customer Gallery - 6 Cylinder Carb Setups

I have Lynx (quite short) manifold, at least its shorter than the Cannon manifold on the link you provided. It should fit quite well with the 62mm horns. Nice pictures, but there is so many kind of levers and shafts so i dont know which might be the right size, in that i was hoping you could give some measurements. I can measure the manifold etc if that helps.

Btw Ted remotely reminds me of grumpy cat, if you have ever heard of him LOL

post-20168-14150825430737_thumb.jpg

I have a set of 47MM and plan to install them maybe sometime after the first of the year. I spoke with Dave Rebello and he seems to be quite knowledgeable about OER's. Also I purchased mine from PIERCE MANIFOLD out of Goleta California just north of Santa Barbara complete with the intake. About $1200.00 for everything and they have a pretty comprehensive selection of other performance parts. Good luck!

Nice pictures, but there is so many kind of levers and shafts so i dont know which might be the right size, in that i was hoping you could give some measurements. I can measure the manifold etc if that helps

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65609[/ATTACH]

Koalia, I'm happy to give you some measurements from my set up but you have to know that what I have and what you need may be two different things. Linkages by their nature are adjustable and it will probably be fine, but it also may not,

do your research.

Does your Lynx manifold have rod ends and a rod yet or is it bare? Can you post some pics, 5-6 with detail of the manifold and what is on it?

Chris

Koalia, just looking at your cold start levers, I think you'll need to reverse those so they open in the other direction,

your technical manual explains how to do that. It's not hard.

From your pics your intake manifold appears to be the standard depth, if the length of the runners from flat to flat are about 13.5 cm. then that is standard not short. No big deal just know that by the time you get air filters on it gets a bit tight for room.

Your last pic shows that you have rod ends already, if you use those rod ends then the rod and levers you buy will have to be the same diameter.

The OER site your buying from doesn't have a lot of description on their linkage parts and they don't seem to sell

the intercouple linkage that is missing from your carbs, see it here, WEBER DCOE INTERCOUPLE LINKAGE<br><font color="red">PM3718

You might want to look at a linkage kit like this, UNIVERSAL LINKAGE KIT<br><font color="red">PM3701-L</font>

I would order one more rod end then they have in the kit but the rest of it seems to be there.

So here are my measurements, main rod, 8mm dia, 50cm. length,

rod levers approx 5.2cm centre to centre,

turnbuckle, 9.5 cm centre to centre, so something like, JPS adjustable rod<br><font color="red">75500.100</font>

intercoupe linkage, 4.1 cm C/C

Are you also going to overhaul the carbs while you have them out on your bench? You won't find a better time than now.

I just installed my SK/OER triples and sofar every thing is running smoothly,

post-26437-14150825508575_thumb.jpg

I just previewed this and I don't know where the RED came from, I must have hit some key I shouldn't have.

Chris

post-26437-1415082550824_thumb.jpg