IGNORED

new to the Z

hello all my name is Dan and I am 46 and just bought my 1st Z for me and my 13yr son to restore. It 1972 240Z and I not know much about these car except they look cool when I was a kid and still do

Welcome! I picked up a '72 240z about a year ago & have been enjoying the rolling restoration work thus far. Once my kids get a little older they'll be out working on it with me too. Enjoy it!

you'll do fine :) In most ways these cars are probably simpler than most of the cars you've done. Rust is the biggest issue. The engines are very solid as long as carbs and ignition are good. Electrical is not normally very hard unless a previous owner got happy with the cutters and wire nuts. Brakes are pretty straight forward too. Have fun, we are close in age and I have kids that age too if he shows an interest feed into it. It will make some great memories. Pretty much everything you need to know is here on this forum some where, and the technical expertise is the best bar none.

Charles

Pennsylvania car? Rust issues need to be evaluated first before making any kind of investment time or money wise. If you are from there and have done cars from there then you know where the rust gremlins live in the average body. Front fenders. floor pans, dog legs, rockers are all natural culprits.....

Good times doing this your son. The Z doesn't get any more straight forward than that.

now I have up in air and good look it has rust need floor pans and somebody try to fix the core support so I find one and replace pass lower door frame also rusty. so far that the worse of it