IGNORED

l28 carb to EFI swap help!

74Datsun

Well its summer time and time to get the ole lady under the knife.

I bought the car ~6-7 months ago with alot of work already done but now i wanna take her to the next level

The car is a 74 260z with a l28 swap and holley 4 barrel conversion

The previous owner used to autox her so i guess that justifies the carb conversion but i plan on using her more for a street car.

So now comes the swap and my ignorance.

L28's came with EFI correct?

But early model 260z's didnt.

I am well aware that ill need a stock intake manifold and fuel rail but am unsure of whats next.

I plan on replacing the rusted out stock fuel tank so il be going witha fuel cell in the rear and will get one with a surge tank in it so no worries on that part.

Will also be getting a walboro 255 inline pump.

Plan is to run a T3 turbo off stock manifold or might have to get an aftermarket manifold if i cant find one.

Already have the vibrant intercooler and tubing as well as an electric fan.

I know il need to tap into the oil pan for the turbo and have heard that a dizzy gear and shaft from a turbo'd stock Z will work for now.

I know il need a TPS sensor and i saw that the GM one will work.

I'll be running a 3" turbo back exhaust and hope to push around 8-10psi

I know that may seem like alot for a high compression L28 but im willing to risk it and see how long it last because i have another block that will get built right once mine goes pop. Then again detonation is what kills engines, not boost , so with a proper tune and MIGHT have to use race gas, i should be fine.

On to the part i have no clue about.

Since the car didnt come stock with EFI, I have no idea what to order. I dont want to order a kit for an L28 but they send me one for a 280z that came with EFI and expect me to have a module to plug and play into.

I plan on building this car right so every part that gets replaced or breaks, will get upgraded for future use.

Which is why instead of going with a stock wire harness and computer i want to go with a Megasquirt

I want to run Megasquirt on it for tuneability (turbo build is happening on the side) and know i can use ford 30# injectors .After that, im blank. I have no idea what part #'s i need or anything. I know ill need their wire harness to plug into my stock sensors and will need an ECU from them as well(right?). Well which ones am i supposed to order?

Extremely sorry for my ignorance but id be extremely grateful of some help :)!

Note to self: Just buy a car thats all stock from now on so dont have to worry about piecing stuff together like so :paranoid:

I am doing a Megasquirt conversion now. You need to get on the Megasquirt site and read, read, study and read some more. This is not the best site for your goals. You would be better off on Hybridz where this work has been done by many. There are many members who have posted their projects in great detail and will be helpful to you. The megamanual is probably one of the best resources also