IGNORED

is there a six spd transmission that will bolt to my 280z how do u bypass tach wires

hotflames280z

Hey guys! good to b back. just want to say to everyone who helped me with my alternator swap getting the wiring right a big thank u! Alternator is working great! I need to know how u could bypass the four wires harness to my tach. Not working, so I'm trying to get it to work again. Also is there a 6spd tranny that will bolt up to my 280z? Installing rear struts, does anyone know how much oil and what kind of oil the struts take?

It's typical to put a small amount of oil inside the strut tube with the sealed unit, check your shock insert's manufacturer documentation, not all are designed to be oiled. The oil is just for helping heat transfer between the insert and the strut tube so specific lubrication & viscosity properties are fairy irrelevant, and general procedure is to use whatever oil is handy, plain old engine oil does the job fine.

I don't know of any bolt-in 6 speed solutions.

As far as the tach, I'm not sure what you mean, 280Zs should have a three wire tach and it shouldn't matter whether it's hooked up or not as far as making the engine run, not like the early 4 wire 240z current triggered tachs.

Nothing wrong with wanting a more modern 6 speed transmission. If there was an easy swap, there would be a bunch of 6 speed Z cars out there. But there is no easy swap, not even an adapter you can buy. I think that I've seen some adapters that people have built for themselves, but they're not available for purchase.

Thanks Captain Zero. Do you know which wires from the tach go to distributor and coil and resister? I don't know if any of the wires is connected to resistor.I do know one of the wires is connected to a light source. B great if you can help! Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply Zed Head! Its too bad for us there isn't a kit for the Z's. Maybe a lot of owners would like to get one for themselves. I wonder if the 350z tranny would fit with some kind of special made bell housing? Anyway, thanks again.

I just checked my timing and its looks like the crank pulley goes in and out about a 1/8 of an inch. I never saw that on any car except now. I know that there is a spacer in there. Could that make the crank pulley move like that? The crank bolt is on and I rechecked the torque and is correct. Thus anyone one have the same thing going on? or is this something normal for the 75 280z? THANKS.