Toe in - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Toe in

Featured Replies

I would just like someone to confirm that Toe in is the only adjustment I can make on an early stock 240Z.

Just putting the whole car back together.

Thanks,

Chris

Confirmed. The only wheel alignment adjustment provided is front wheel toe.

Hi Chris,

Just for reference purposes here are some alignment specs as per Carl Beck:

Front:

Toe: 1/16" to 3/32"

Camber: 0 to 1 negative with 1 being preferred.

Caster: 4 to 6 positive The actual number between 4 and 6 is not important, only that both sides are the same.

Rear:

Toe: 1/16"

Camber: 0 to 1 negative with 1 being preferred.

Track: Make sure the rear wheels track the front.

Note:

Toe is in inches

Camber and Caster are in degrees.

Hope this is of value to you.

Cheers,

George

I just adjusted my toe-in this past weekend via the 'string' method. I ended up using the 2mm-5mm toe-in setting.

post-26781-14150823793386_thumb.jpg

post-26781-14150823792676_thumb.jpg

I run 1/8" toe out in the front for crisper turn-in.

  • 6 months later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Want to be sure this set of specs for aliment is the same for a 78/280z. Thanks JB

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.