IGNORED

What are you on the look out for?

Hardway

With the various threads of what else is in your garage to other cars you are working on I wanted to start a thread on what are members on the look out for. Who knows, maybe one of us knows where such a vehicle is that a member is looking for and would be able to put the member and owner together to strike a deal. Looks like a lot of us have a second or third project going in addition to our Z or Z's. I have seen BMW's, Porsche's, various American muscle cars, and old motorcycles just to name a few. So, what are you on the look out for?

post-24191-14150823334156_thumb.jpg

Promise not to shoot - A 1980-1986 Maserati Quattroporte III

Edit: "Looking" for 6 years probably means I'm not ready to pull the trigger.[/quote

Don't know the year, but is this the one? Used to see it in Culver City last december when I stopped for Mariscos at the food truck (now at a new location). At first I thought what a P.O.S. Mazerati, but it just needs some resto. Small dent on left rear door. The interior is magnificent. Wondered why the owner always parked it on the street - all the apartments nearby have underground parking. Would look bad lowered with paint and rims.

post-24191-14150823333227_thumb.png

post-24191-14150823333979_thumb.jpg

First Gen Toyota MR2. Love those cars. As a matter of fact, found one for $625 that needs a little bit of engine/body/interior work. Mainly paint and some engine work. Struck a deal with the guy last night and he is driving it over. Might have a rod knock, but who cares? It's a first gen MR2 ready for some upgrades. :D

Also on the lookout for a street bike. 600cc or 650cc. Less than 40k on it. Trying to trade a near mint (as in, one of the best examples on the west coast) 1982 BMW 320i for one. Put SO much engine and fuel work into that car. The Bimmer forum I'm on would have a heart attack if they knew I was entertaining selling a car is such rare of shape that could take you across the country multiple times it is in such good condition. Haha!

Some guy out there transplanted a V-12 Jag motor into a Z car. I'd like to own that one.

Short of that I'd like a really nice Z with a Chevy 350 transplant, tastefully done. A Z that hauls axx. Finished, running, not a work in progress. Prefer with working AC.